Loan Period: Seven (7) Days (non-renewable)
Available to: Poughkeepsie Public Library District residents, 18 and over, with a PPLD Library Card with no fines.
Pick Up/Return: Adriance Memorial Library Checkout Desk
Number of Mobile Hotspots Available: Two
Kit Contains: Multiple parts that are reviewed at Check-out and Check-in
Fines: $20 if returned to Bookdrop (plus damages); $5 late fee per day
Borrower’s Agreement: Review and sign with staff at Circulation Desk before check-out and when checking back in. Includes Guidelines, Fines and Liability, Proper Use & Care. View Borrower’s Agreement here.
Access high speed Internet connections anywhere with one of two light weight T-Mobile 4G LTE Alcatel Linkzone HotSpots. Each Mobile HotSpot connects up 15 devices simultaneously, and includes a six hour rechargeable battery.
Stay connected at high speeds wherever you go with the Alcatel LINKZONE™ mobile Wi-Fi device. Its compact and lightweight design means you can take it with you and get things done while you’re on the go.
One (1) Mobile Hotspot (with SIM card and battery inside)
One (1) USB cable
One (1) wall plug for charging
One (1) Case
- Hold power button down 3 seconds. (Button is marked).
- Light will go on.
- Look for Network name on your device. (Network name on the back).
- Enter password. (Password on the back).
- To recharge battery plug in USB cord to device and charge plug.
- Battery is rechargeable for another 6 hours but will drain faster if you are using more devices.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Returning
- Seven day loan period to a Borrower that is 18 or over, and is a Poughkeepsie Public Library District resident with a PPLD Library Card with no fines.
- If not available, borrowers may place a hold on the Mobile Hotspot.
- Hotspots may be checked out and returned during opening hours at Adriance Memorial Library with a staff member at the Checkout Desk.
- Mobile Hotspots are non-renewable.
- If the hotspot is NOT returned by due date, borrower will be charged $5 per day for every late day.
- $20 fine if returned in the Book Drop of either library.
- All components (hotspot device, USB cord, charger) must be present and in good condition upon return.
- The device will be disabled if not returned within ten (10) days.
- If the hotspot is stolen or lost, you will be charged for the entire cost, which is $40.