If you have some time to give, the Library District can use your help.
Examples of volunteer work (but not limited to):
- Make sure the books are on the shelves in the correct order.
- Assist Children’s Room staff prepare for programs.
- Mend books and other library materials.
- Straighten the periodicals area.
- Assist in the Administrative Office.
- Work with the Local History Room staff on projects.
- Assist seniors in the computer lab.
To volunteer, fill out an application and submit it by email or in person at a Check-Out Desk.
Teen volunteers (ages 13-18) are encouraged to apply for opportunities including homework tutoring, reading to children, and helping with the media lab.
REQUIRED: All library volunteers, including teens, must be certified in the NYS Sexual Harassment Prevention Training. This is an online training that will take 15-30 minutes to complete.
Additionally, the Friends of PPLD always need volunteers to help at the Friends’ Book Store located behind the Boardman Road Branch Library.