Your donation to the Friends’ Book Store of books, audiobooks, movies, and music helps us raise funds for the Poughkeepsie Public Library District. Thank you!
We will accept:
• Hardcover and paperback books in good condition*.
• CDs, DVDs, LPs, and Audiobooks (on CD) in good condition.
• Special collections (antiquarian, comics, etc…). Please contact us to discuss your collection.
We will not accept:
• *Damaged books with broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty, moldy, with fire smoke, cigarette smoke, water damage, highlighted, underlined or with writing in the text.
• Condensed books (Reader’s Digest, etc…)
• Cassettes, VHS tapes
• Outdated Travel Guides, Computer Manuals or Textbooks
Your donations must be in good enough condition for others to want to buy them!
Where do I go to donate my books and media?
Monday – Friday from 10 AM – 12 PM at the Book Store’s donation door located on the side of the store. Please note that the Book Store follows the Library District’s holiday schedule.
Saturday from 10 AM – 12 PM donations may be brought to the Adriance Memorial Library (93 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601).
How much can I claim as a charitable donation?
Tax law prevents us from determining the value of your donation, but we can provide a receipt.
Questions? (845) 485-3445 x 3423 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org