Your donation to the Friends of the Poughkeepsie Public Library District helps us raise funds for
the Poughkeepsie Public Library District. Thank you!
Monetary donations can be made using this secure Paypal link.
You do not need a Paypal account to process the donation.
Book and Media Donation Guidelines
We will accept:
• Hardcover and paperback books in good condition*.
• CDs, DVDs, LPs, and Audiobooks (on CD) in good condition.
• Special collections (antiquarian, comics, etc…). Please contact us to discuss your collection.
We will not accept:
• *Damaged books with broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty, moldy, with fire smoke, cigarette smoke, water damage, highlighted, underlined or with writing in the text.
• Condensed books (Reader’s Digest, etc…)
• Cassettes, VHS tapes
• Outdated Travel Guides, Computer Manuals or Textbooks
Your donations must be in good enough condition for others to want to buy them!
Where do I go to donate my books and media?
Monday – Friday from 10 AM – 12 PM at the Book Store’s donation door located on the side of the store. Please note that the Book Store follows the Library District’s holiday schedule.
Saturday from 10 AM – 12 PM donations may be brought to the Adriance Memorial Library (93 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601).
How much can I claim as a charitable donation?
Tax law prevents us from determining the value of your donation, but we can provide a receipt.
Questions? (845) 485-3445 x 3423 or e-mail email@example.com