This group usually meets on the last Monday of the month from 11 am to noon at the Boardman Road Branch Library, 141 Boardman Road. Discussions are led by Eleanor Charwat and Suzanne Christensen. For further information, contact Suzanne Christensen.
The Spring Theme: Murder in Cyberspace
June 26: The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver A devious computer hacker, code name Phate, is causing havoc in Silicon Valley. He infiltrates his victims’ computers, disrupts their lives, and lures them to their deaths. An imprisoned hacker named Wyatt Gillette is freed to help the investigators stop Phate.
The Summer Theme: Locked Room Mysteries
July 31: House Sitter by Peter Lovesey
How can a woman be strangled on a crowded beach and no one notices? The victim is a psychological profiler working on the case of a serial murderer. Cantankerous Detective Inspector Peter Diamond investigates.
August 28: Good Morning, Midnight by Reginald Hill
Detectives investigate an apparent locked room suicide in Yorkshire, England. The investigation heats up when they learn that this suicide was committed exactly 10 years after the victim’s father committed suicide in the same way.
September 25: The Vanished Man by Jeffery Deaver
At a prestigious New York music school, a murderer flees the scene and locks himself in a classroom. The police arrive, but the killer vanishes. Using eyewitness and forensic clues, forensic expert Lincoln Rhyme pursues a world-class magician.
Day Trip to Cooperstown, NY – Friday, August 11, 2017:
Travel with the Friends on a special trip through to Cooperstown, NY, for a fun day of exploring museums and a special lunch at the luxury Otesaga Resort Hotel.
- Adult ticket (13-64): $85.00/each
- Senior ticket (65+): $80.00/each
- Junior Ticket (5-12): $25.00/each
- Children 4 and under are free with an accompanying Adult ticket purchase.
Your ticket includes:
- A “3-Way” Museum Pass that provides entry into the National Baseball Hall of Fame, the Fenimore Art Museum and the Farmer’s Museum. Enjoy any and all museums at your own pace!
- A one-day Trolley Pass that loops around Cooperstown with hop-on and off service.
- A buffet lunch featuring seasonal fare in a picturesque lakeside setting at The Otesaga Resort Hotel.
- Round-trip ultra-modern motorcoach transportation via JTR Transport.
Purchase tickets online or in person at the Friends’ Book Store.
Friends’ Book Store is located at 141 Boardman Road, Poughkeepsie NY 12603.
The Book Store is open 10AM – 4PM Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Space is limited and available on a first-come, first served basis.
Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
The Friends of the Poughkeepsie Public Library District are not responsible for loss or theft of personal belongings throughout the duration of the trip.
Save the Date! Adriance Honor’s will take place on Monday, October 16, 2017!