Reading to children is the best way to foster a love of books and to develop skills that will help them learn to read. Read 1,000 books together and help your child get ready for kindergarten.
- Visit the children’s department to register for the program and prepare to start your journey together towards reading 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Track your reading: Color one bear on your log for each book that you read together.
- Every book counts: Already read it? It counts! Read it in story time at the library or at preschool? It counts!
- Level Milestones: For every 100 books read, come into the library for a stamp and sticker and to pick up a new reading log.
- Finish your 1,000th book: Congratulations! Come to the library for your final prize, a certificate of completion and a spot on our library 1,000 books Wall of Fame!