Orion StarBlast4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope
Loan Period: Seven (7) Days (non-renewable)
Available to: Poughkeepsie Public Library District residents, 18 and over, with a PPLD Library Card with no fines.
Pick Up/Return: Adriance Memorial Library or Boardman Road Branch Library, Checkout Desk
Kit Contains: Multiple parts that are reviewed at Check-out and Check-in
Fines: $20 if returned to Book Drop (plus damages); $5 late fee per day
Borrower’s Agreement: Review and sign with staff at Circulation Desk before check-out and when checking back in. Includes Guidelines, Fines and Liability, Proper Use & Care. View Borrower’s Agreement here.
Viewing the stars through a telescope is a powerful experience that can foster scientific literacy, inspire an interest in astronomy, and develop a greater appreciation for the earth’s place in the universe. To help bring this excitement to our patrons, the Poughkeepsie Public Library District will be loaning Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescopes at the Adriance Memorial Library and the Boardman Road Branch Library.
The telescopes can be borrowed by any Poughkeepsie resident with a library card to view astronomical events, learn more about our solar system and the stars, and enjoy viewing the night sky. The Orion StarBlast Telescope is a real reflecting telescope that’s simple to set up and fun to use, and it will inspire your family’s natural inclination to explore.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Returning
- Seven day loan period to a Borrower that is 18 or over, and is a Poughkeepsie Public Library District resident with a PPLD Library Card with no fines.
- If not available, borrowers may place a hold on the Telescope.
- Telescopes may be checked out and returned during operating hours at either Library location with a staff member at the Checkout Desk.
- Telescopes are non-renewable.
- If the Telescope is NOT returned by due date, borrower will be charged $5 per day for every late day.
- $20 fine (plus damages) if returned in the Book Drop of either library.
- All components (Telescope and accessories) must be present and in good condition upon return.
- If the Telescope is stolen or lost, you will be charged for the entire cost to replace it.