Children can sign up for the Summer Reading Program at Adriance Memorial Library or Boardman Road Branch Library until July 31, 2017. Each registered participant will receive a reading log, a Build a Better World passport, and a canvas tote bag (while supplies last). Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate, gift (while supplies last), and chance at a drawing for a very special prize.
Children can check in with our Youth Services staff weekly to receive an extra ticket for the drawing. Each book read will earn a black sticker to help us eclipse our “sun”. Receive an extra ticket for the drawing when you complete activities in the passport.
For a complete list of all Children and Teen Summer Reading events, please click here.
Teen Summer Reading (for ages 12-18):
Build a Better World with Earth, Air, Fire, and Water
Select Tuesdays, 2:30-3:30 pm, *Registration is required for some programs.
• July 11: Earth* – Terrariums: Create a mini garden for your home. To register: http://bit.ly/2siQVcz
• July 18: Fire – Glass Lanterns: Take a mason jar, some glass beads, a candle, and voila!
• July 25: Water – Circle Art: Each teen paints a quarter circle then joins it with others’ for one big mural.
• August 1*: Fire – Solar Eclipse 3D Printing Projects: We will print the earth, moon, and sun for a display in the teen room to highlight the upcoming solar eclipse. Pick a celestial themed project of your own to print. To register: http://bit.ly/2tpT1Yg
• August 8: Wind – Outdoor Ornaments: Let the wind blow your creation made from recycled and natural materials.